January 13, 2009

Village Underground


So Last night I went out wit someone I'm dating and I must say I had the best date so far.....we went to "Fat Black....something"(sorry the name escapes me) but it was an open mic session where ppl went on stage and and sang there hearts out....it was a kind of Neo Soul type night. The singers were Absolutley great. I have always wanted to go to one of these hidden underground session but neva had anyone that would go wit me bc all I would hear is "o that's so boring and why u like that kind of music" but I dnt like that kind of music I love it...You know the voice of Leela James n Corrine Bailey Rae n O Macy Grey.Yea that's my kinda music.....well The atmosphere reminded me of one of my favorite movies "Love Jones"...I mean the scene was the same exact picture except I didn't have my special person resite a poem or sing a song for me....hmmmmm maybe next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment